Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Two-fer

I know what you're thinking- two posts in one day, you're psycho! Except in reality my first blog was written yesterday but it had been written in my other blog. I had no idea that I had two blogs, but when I discovered that I did I decided to merge the two, and here it is. So yes, it appears that I have written two blogs today, but I really haven't.

As I sit here, sipping milk and basking in the majestic glory that is my large slice of chocolate Costco cake, it has occurred to me how materialistic people are. I already was aware of this severe human flaw, of course, but it became more apparent to me as soon as I saw this amazing cake. Walking into my kitchen I had no expectations for the night-I planned to eat leftovers, practice cheers, and maybe go to the jacuzzi. Then my eye met with the large plastic platter containing none other than the most incredible seven pound chocolate chocolate chocolate-shavings cake I have ever seen. My mind was suddenly swimming with glee and my mouth was watering like that of a person stranded in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by water yet unable to drink it. I obsessed over the cake for a good five minutes (partly as a means of messing around with my brother's friends) before I pushed it out of my mind and ate pasta. By the time I was finished my mind had drifted back to that darn cake and I knew that I was going to have to eat some of it. I took a conservative slice (unlike my brother and his friends) and poured myself a small glass of milk to keep the cake company on its journey.

The fact that I was so consumed with the idea of having something proves that materialism is very evident in our everyday lives. I just felt the need to share my experience... partially because my assignment for my writing class is to describe an experience and I decided to do a mock run before I get serious about it.

This cake is fantastic.

No comments: