Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Survival of the Fittest

I am proud to announce that it is the first of September. Do you know what that means? AUGUST IS OVER! Ordinarily that would make me pretty sad... August is the last month of summer. 31 days of pure, unrelenting freedom. Except for me it was somewhat the opposite. The first couple of weeks would have been perfect, had I not been dreading the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I found myself counting the days until cheer practice, Link Crew, and work all started up (which conveniently enough was in the same week and a half).

In that time I was busy learning and mastering (sort of) cheers and band dances for the cheer check that determined my fate as a varsity cheerleader. Had I not passed I would not be prepping myself for my first football game of the season- I would be prepping myself for the humiliation of being a senior sitting with all of the underclassmen cheerleaders at the first football game of the season. I also had to pass my work test for CPK (which I did, thank you very much). I also had to quit my other job (R.I.P. job at Diedrich's). I also had to go through Link Crew training (second year in a row) and Freshman orientation. I also began my writing class at IVC (which I love by the way). My mother's birthday was this past week as well. It was an incredibly busy month, but I am so looking forward to this coming month.

Especially since my time share starts today :)
And the stake dance is tomorrow
And I'm going shopping at some point this week
And I have a really good class schedule
And I am in a blissful state of Like (not Love, just Like)

I hope you all have that many things to look forward to this month. If not, find some. It'll make you happy.

No comments: