Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Stop! Before you speak.

So I was at Rite-Aid tonight, purchasing goodies for my beloved cookie boy. After I had collected a large bagful of king sized candy bars and other fun things, I proceeded to the check out station--station 5. There were two checker-outers there, and as I walked up one of them (we'll call her Sandy) was beginning to talk to the other (we'll call her Ginny). The whole conversation went something like this:

Sandy: Hey, have you seen the movie Click? If you haven't you should come watch it with me and my friends. My friends and I just rented a bunch of movies and Click is one of them. I haven't seen it yet but it looked pretty good. Have you seen it?
^^before I continue I want to point out how wordy that was. Keep in mind that Ginny hasn't said a single word yet.
Ginny: No.
Sandy: Oh yeah, you should totally come watch it with us. We also rented (insert bad movie title here), (insert other bad movie title here), and Final Destination 3.
^As she said the last part she was scanning my items.
Me: Oh, have you seen Final Destination 3?
^At this moment I am preparing to say exactly what I thought about the movie Final Destination 3. Luckily I gave myself a minute before speaking...
Sandy: Yes! It's such a great movie.
^I paused while staring at my wallet. I could not believe she thought that was a great movie. It was quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever.
Ginny: I never saw it. I only saw the second one and it was really really good.
^I had heard that the second one was horrible too. Go figure.
Sandy: I never saw the second one. The first one was so good I was afraid the second would kill it. But then I saw the third, and it was amazing.
Me: I couldn't handle the third one. Especially the tanning salon scene... I had to walk out.
Sandy: Yeah that part was crazy. So well done though...
^No, it was not well done.
Me: Well have a fun time with your movie night!
Sandy
: Thanks!
Ginny: Have a great night!!

These two talked with monotone voices until they said "Thanks!" and "Have a great night!!" They really were something else. I'm glad I didn't insult them...

even though they have horrible taste in movies.

2 comments:

Allison Fife said...

if they had such bad taste in movies...doesn't that mean that click was also bad? i never saw it, so i'm not one to talk, but i know that you did...

LARA said...

well they hadn't seen click yet. and i really don't remember very much about click because that was the night i was on the worst date of my life... i was so preoccupied with how i was going to free myself from said date that i pretty much paid no attention to the movie...