Sunday, October 15, 2006

It's long but totally worthwhile. Maybe...

For today's blog I'm going to do it in a minute-by-minute format. Except not actually minute-by-minute since there are a lot of minutes in the day (1,440 to be exact), and that would be a crazy long blog.
7 a.m. - Wake up. Tired? Yes. Pumped for the imminent SAT test-taking experience? Not particularly.
7:30 a.m. - I made toast. Yes, that's right. And I have a witness to stand by my claim that I did NOT burn it (since some of you have absolutely no faith in my cooking abilities. Psh! I can make freakin' FANTASTIC toast. And jell-o.).
7:50 a.m. - Arrive at test room. I know no one, which is fine since I'm wearing a big sweatshirt, super-stretched out jeans, and an unpleasant SAT test-taking face.
8:15 a.m. - Begin test. Cute boy in the desk next to me. Refocus attention on test. Cute boy sitting behind me. STOP! FOCUS! Re-refocus attention on test. Complete test segment. Look at cute boy #1. Nice style, cute shirt, acceptable shoes. Can't really look at cute boy #2 since he's sitting behind me... slightly disappointed.
From around 8:45 until 12:45 - Take 9 more portions of the freakin' SAT which I freakin' hate more than anything. The old lady giving the test got mad at me for reading a book during my break inside the classroom. I had to go outside the classroom to read a freakin' book. I didn't do it. I went outside in protest to the absurd suggestion that I go outside to read. How was this a protest? you might ask. Well, it was more of a personal statement. I don't care if the old Irish woman got my point. I'm pretty sure she was Irish--she had a slight twinge of an accent I think.
1:15 - Arrive home. Eat leftover slice of pizza. Take shower. Dry hair. Get ready for Little Warrior Cheer Camp.
1:40 - Arrive at Little Warrior Cheer Camp. Make friends with adorable little second graders. Teach cheers, play about a zillion rounds of Duck, Duck, Goose!, play one round of Down by the Banks (I got out early on in the game...), hear disgusting secrets of 2nd graders (had no idea they could be so gross. Apparently some can.)
Sometime before 5 p.m. - Perform with all the cute Little Warriors. Good times.
Sometime after 5 p.m. - Carry really heavy case of water bottles across campus. Significant amount of pain...
Around 6 p.m. - Went to costume castle with Lindsey. Found a really really really cute costume that I intend to buy either tomorrow or the next day. Inquire for details and/or to see the picture.
7 1/2 p.m. - Went to work to get people's phone numbers to see if they could cover my shift tomorrow night. After 10 unsuccessful phone calls (and several different attacks from Taylor and Rikard, both of whom I love and adore), someone who was ON SHIFT volunteered to cover it. She's not a host... but she can do it :)
8:30 p.m. - Went to Diedrich's and made myself hot chocolate. I still make a darn good cup of hot chocolate if I may say so.
9 p.m. - Embark on an ADVENTURE with Ben (which basically means we went to the movie theatre to see American Hardcore and decided not to...). We saw a coyote! I called it ugly. I just realized that it's like "coyote ugly." That's actually not what I was going for, but hey! It works. Then we went back to Ben's and watched Can't Hardly Wait. Amazing movie. One of my new favs. Alli came and watched the end with us! Then we left.
11:46 p.m. - Start walking home from Ben's (just fyi, he lives PRETTY DARN FAR from me). He picked me up about two blocks over. I walked fast :)

And now I'm here. Writing. To you. The reader. Sorry.

1 comment:

Allison Fife said...

i loved it. the cute boys in the test room reminded me of my sister's test taking experiences. you'll have to ask her about. it's pretty funny. and good mvoie btw, wish i had seen it from the beginning.