Monday, November 27, 2006

What I love about Mondays...

1) Yes, I have a long practice but I do not have work or class.
2) They force me to reenter reality (some people do not like this detail, I think it's necessary)
3) This particular Monday goes perfectly with the song "Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters, in that it's a rainy day. Luckily it hasn't gotten me down yet... (listen to the song if you don't follow my reference)

Yes, it's Monday. It's the dreaded Monday after a lovely four-day respite from school. The weekend went more or less according to plan. Thanksgiving was a success (my cousin and Lindsey's cousin are now in love, go figure), Friday I went folfing with Chad, Alli, and Kailee (others were there but they were competing for the hefty $5 prize and couldn't be bothered with our naive perspective on the game... Chad boldly faced our naivity.). That night after shopping and getting dinner with Lindsey we came back to my house to watch Center Stage. We were joined by Deannie, and later by (get this) Bruce, Cory, Matt, Adam, and Nick. Exciting! I knew 3/5 of those people, so it was fun. They left at around 12:30 and I got a whole 5 1/2 hours of sleep before waking up to go to San Diego with Lindsey, Bruce, and Cory. Fun day. We saw lots of animals, had a few laughs, nothing to complain about. It was interesting in some ways... ways that I am not willing to reveal via blogging. That night I went to dinner w/ my cousin, ate some cheesecake, met up with Lindsey and Bruce, went to John's, left John's, came home and went to bed.
Yesterday, Sunday, was less eventful. I woke up a bit past 11, worked on my vocab assignment until 1:15 (only got through 9 out of 45 in that time... not so good!), went to the Veggie Grill with Lindsey, John, and Bruce, came home, got to number 32 of my vocab assignment (now THAT'S more like it!) and went to work. That was my weekend. Exciting, I know.

I have found it hard to withhold the juicy little details from this weekend, but was instructed that it was probably best to do so. *sigh*

18 days until winter break. Happy trails.

1 comment:

Allison Fife said...

um...i must admit, i am thankful for your winter break countdown. although, at the oment, 18 days seems like a lot, but i think i can manage.