Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Is this what I really have time for?

Yes. As of 10:49 this morning I have four days of relaxation and glee ahead of me. Okay, so yeah I've got to write this big, several-thousand word story for the newspaper and I have to do this HUGE vocab assignment for my writing class that I've put off ALL SEMESTER, but I'm trying not to think about those until I absolutely need to.

This break came at the perfect time. Tensions were rising all over the place: poli. sci., AP stat., the love life area, and unfortunately, the editor room. I prefer for all three to be completely lacking in tension, but you don't always get what you want, right? Anyways, that'll all be behind me when I return 5 days from now. And perhaps by that time I, too, will be engaged (Lindsey and Bruce got 'engaged' last night, I'm not being TOTALLY random).

I have an exciting weekend to look forward to. Thanksgiving plans are the usual Turkey Bowl, baking/cooking, and going to a family member's house for a huge dinner that I hardly partake in (I'm more fond of the desserts to be quite honest). I am looking forward to making super exciting Tuxedo Brownies tomorrow after playing an exhilerating game of football. I'm not sure I even want to think about how the family dinner thing is going to go down... drama, drama, drama. It shouldn't be dramatic, right? Family is supposed to be the safehaven from drama. So not the case. Oy. But on a brighter note I have been promised an enjoyable day in San Diego with Lindsey, Bruce, and Cory at the wild animal park. Should be ten hours of good fun.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy lots of pumpkin pie :)

*My mom and I made two pumpkin pies and two cherry pies today. They look fantastic.*

1 comment:

Allison Fife said...

i'm always sursprised at your willingness to be so open in your blogs. i'm always afraid that the wrong...or right...person will read them and then i'll be screwed. way to go. i'm proud of you. i'll be thinking of you guys while i'm at work all day!