Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fantastic weekend (so far...)

The night began as any other...

Lindsey, John, and I went to the Spectrum for our oh-so-exciting dinner (date) with Bruce, Ben, Matt, Cory, and some other kid who didn't end up coming. It was really, really fun. I haven't talked to Bruce in ages so it was nice to catch up with him. Ben and I were fighting, which wasn't so great. It was my first time meeting Cory... he's such a cool guy! He's in a band and after a lot of coaxing and convincing (except not really) he has agreed to give me a free band shirt. There are conditions however. I had to pinky-kiss-promise that I will wear the shirt and go to his upcoming concert. A small price to pay for a free shirt.

It was really cold while we were walking around so Bruce gave Lindsey his jacket and Cory gave me his. Don't worry, we didn't leave them without collateral. They held/wore/tried to hide our purses. I have to admit, they looked a little bit gay but, being the comfortable guys that they are, they didn't mind. Cory rescued a little boy who was lost, only to receive strange looks from the boy's father when he finally came to retrieve his son (he was grateful to Cory until he saw the purse on his shoulder... awkward?).

Afterwards we went to Ben's house and hung out. The lovely Alli joined us and we all sat by the firepit for awhile and talked. Always good times.

This morning I awoke at 6 am to go to UHS to be in the movie Bruce and his fellow film crew members are working on. They're involved with this film festival in which they have 40 hours to turn a script into a movie. They got the script last night and they have to turn the movie in tomorrow morning I think. Anyways, we were done with my scenes and voiceovers by 10:30, leaving Lindsey and I feeling like our day was half done. But it had only begun...

the rest of the day so far hasn't been too eventful. Took my dog to the vet to have this strange lump on her stomach checked out. They think it's just a little infection and gave her medicine. We went to the new Veggie Grill with my mom and it was SO good. I really want Lindsey to work there.

I took a nap, and now I'm here. Ready for the rest of my weekend :)

No comments: