Sunday, January 21, 2007

Apparently it is Jesus who sits in the old gum tree

While washing my face tonight I was reminded of a song I used to sing back when I was a child going to a Lutheran preschool (not to say that children who went to Lutheran preschools were the only ones who sang this song... I just included that little fact as a detail). I began singing the song and was slightly appalled at the rather skewed and somewhate humorous version of the song that came out of my mouth...

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong
They are weak but he is strong
Laugh kukaburra, laugh kukaburra
Save some gum for me

(Now, I advise you to sing the words as I have written them before you write me off as a psychopath. I think you'll find that my confusion was completely justified.)

1 comment:

Allison Fife said...

i am so confused...don't even bother explaining. it's beyond hope.