Friday, December 01, 2006

If I'm not alive in 24 hours...

it's because I've died of a malignant ear tumor. I have this strange knot in my earlobe (I'll give no more details, other than the fact that it HURTS like crazy) and while discussing this issue with Alli it was suggested that I may have a tumor. We were throwing the idea around as a big joke, whatever, but I did a bit of research and it turns out there IS such a thing as an ear tumor. Check it:

Tumors of the Middle Ear

Polyps and Granulation Tissue of the Middle Ear: Polyps can develop in the middle ear. As such, these are not necessarily benign tumors. They look like balls of inflamed tissue which form grape-like clusters within the confines of the middle ear and mastoid. These polyps generally are reddish and bleed easily on vacuuming or any manipulation. They may be indistinguishable from more serious problems of the middle ear and mastoid. If they do not respond to medical therapy, polyps should be biopsied. In most cases of advanced polyps and inflammation of the middle ear, surgery of the middle ear and mastoid will be necessary.


Oy.

1 comment:

Allison Fife said...

the key to this passage is that tumors may be common in the middle ear, but i'm positive that you cannot look at the lobe of your ear as part of the middle ear. stop worrying, its not a tumor unless HOUSE says it is.